5 February 2009

McCann Case: DC Ferguson Statement Regarding Matthew Oldfield

Number: S742B

Surname: FERGUSON

Forenames: SOPHIE VICTORIA

Age: Date of Birth:

Address:

Postcode:

Occupation: POLICE OFFICER

Telephone No:

Statement Date: 12/05/2008 Number of Pages: 2

I am Detective Constable 4078 FERGUSON of the Leicestershire Constabulary currently stationed on the Major Crime Unit and engaged on enquiries on Operation Task.

At 10:19 hours on Wednesday 9th April 2008 I was present at an interview suite at Leicestershire Police Force Headquarters when I commenced a recorded interview with the witness Matthew OLDFIELD. The interview ceased at 11:22 hours.

This interview was recorded onto DVD and a master copy and a working copy were produced.

I produce the master copy of this DVD as exhibit reference S.V.F.115 and the working copy as exhibit reference S.V.F.116

I have had the opportunity to read and check through a transcript made of this interview and I produce the transcript of the interview as exhibit reference S.V.F.116A

At 11:54 hours on Wednesday 9th April 2008 I was present at an interview suite at Leicestershire Police Force Headquarters when I commenced a recorded interview with the witness Matthew OLDFIELD. The interview ceased at 13:08 hours.

This interview was recorded onto DVD and a master copy and a working copy were produced.

I produce the master copy of this DVD as exhibit reference S.V.F.117 and the working copy as exhibit reference S.V.F.118

I have had the opportunity to read and check through a transcript made of this interview and I produce the transcript of the interview as exhibit reference S.V.F.118A.

At 14:14 hours on Wednesday 9th April 2008 I was present at an interview suite at Leicestershire Police Force Headquarters when I commenced a recorded interview with the witness Matthew OLDFIELD. The interview ceased at 14:51 hours.

This interview was recorded onto DVD and a master copy and a working copy were produced. (page 1)

I produce the master copy of this DVD as exhibit reference S.V.F.119 and the working copy as exhibit reference S.V.F.120

Technical problems were experienced during this interview and no data was recorded.

At 15:18 hours on Wednesday 9th April 2008 I was present at an interview suite at Leicestershire Police Force Headquarters when I commenced a recorded interview with the witness Matthew OLDFIELD. The interview ceased at 15:38 hours.

This interview was recorded onto DVD and a master copy and a working copy were produced.

I produce the master copy of this DVD as exhibit reference S.V.F.121 and the working copy as exhibit reference S.V.F.122

I have had the opportunity to read and check through a transcript made of this interview and I produce the transcript of the interview as exhibit reference S.V.F.122A

During this interview process the witness Matthew OLDFIELD marked on a copy of exhibit D.M.2 (a plan of the area) which is now produced as exhibit reference M.O.1.
Later the same day I returned to Barunstone Police Station where I placed all of the discs for the interviews and exhibit M.O.1 into a secure store.

At 15:10 hours on Monday 14th April 2008 I it out of the secure store and handed exhibit M.O.1 to exhibits officer 7383 CRAVEN.

At 15:50 hours on Monday 14th April 2008 I handed exhibits S.V.F.115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121 and 122 to exhibits officer 7383 CRAVEN having taken them out of the secure store.

AT 8:15 hours on 8th May 2008 I took exhibits S.V.F.116, S.V.F.118 and S.V.F.122 from Exhibits Officer CRAVEN and retained possession of them until 09:00am on Friday 9th May 2008 when I returned them to Exhibits Officer CRAVEN.

This statement is made by myself and is true to the best of my knowledge and belief.

Signed: S FERGUSON Signature witnessed by:



No comments:

Post a Comment