15.45 Second key note address: Philip Pullman
16.00 Second Plenary: How do we secure modern liberty?
Anthony Barnett (founder, openDemocracy)
Brian Eno (musician and campaigner)
Afua Hirsch (barrister and Guardian legal correspondent)
Chris Huhne MP (LibDem spokesman, Home Affairs)
Will Hutton (Chief Executive, The Work Foundation
Chuka Umunna (Labour Party candidate, Streatham)
Follow it here as it happens
Follow the Links for more details
1. How dangerous is the database state and ‘transformational government’ to our civil liberties?
2. Why can’t Parliament protect our liberties against the executive?
3. How do we stop rights and freedoms being a political football?
4. The Left and liberty
5. Liberty, soveriegnty and republicanisam: can the Leveller tradition be revived in the 21st Century?
6. Torture and the decline in fundamental human rights standards
7. Are human rights universal or a privilege of citizenship?
8. Love and liberty
9. Who rules: is there a media-political class?
10. Child’s play? Equality and young people
11. Can liberty survive the slump?
See Morning Sessions
Third Keynote:17.00 - 17.15
Given by David Davis MP.
List of Speakers
Read more here/take action:
To discuss and link to others join Modern Liberty social network here or follow the updates via twitter or the blog at modernliberty.net