18 May 2009

Grief

Question “On realising Madeleine had not been found in the first ten minutes, how did Kate react”?
Reply “She was really upset, she was hysterical, really distressed, crying and screaming, there’s no way she could have acted that, or anyone could have in fact, I don’t think, not even an actress”.
Question “On realising Madeleine had not been found in the first ten minutes, how did Gerry react”?
Reply “Very similar to Kate, it was you know screaming, shouting, erm crying, just you know, he was very much a, you know a father whose child had disappeared, as Kate was a mother whose child had disappeared or wouldn’t you know”.

Rachael Oldfield in an interview with the Leicestershire Police, april 2008

Question “How was Kate?”

Reply “Awful, erm, I’ve never seen such horrible raw emotion in my life and I’ve seen a lot of it in my job. Erm, tut, she, she was just bereft, she didn’t know what to do, she was just panicking, extremely frightened, extremely frightened for Madeleine and, erm, was wondering where she was or what was happening to her. And the helplessness, erm, of not being able to do anything, what should she be doing, what could they do. Erm, she was angry, really angry, tut, punching walls, kicking walls, she was covered in bruises the next day, because she just didn’t know what, what else to do. She was angry at herself, she kept saying ‘I’ve let her down. We’ve let her down Gerry’, you know, ‘We should have been here’. Erm, tut, she was praying a lot. Erm, I just don’t think she knew what to do, what to do. And she was just howling. It was just, just awful. I think as time went on it just seemed a massive delay from when we said to Matt to phone the Police, erm, that hour, it was an hour, it just seemed like an eternity, where nothing was happening, tut. Erm, you know, we’re all intelligent people, we were all trying to think what we should be doing and, you know, what’s going to make a difference. And Kate’s ringing, Gerry’s ringing anybody under the sun, family, they just don’t, they honestly just didn’t know what to do. So there was a lot of, Gerry’s in and out, I mean, they were just sobbing, going between sobbing and then feeling helpless and then ringing people and this frantic activity. Kate was desperate to have a Priest, which, you know, people find weird, but I think that was just her way of thinking ‘At least I can pray for Madeleine’ and her way of feeling that she was doing something. Erm, tut, but she wasn’t functioning”.

“No, and that was the other thing, she kept going into the twins, she kept putting her hands on the twins to check they were breathing, she was very much concerned in checking that they were okay. But they were okay, I mean, they were fine, they didn’t, they were asleep, but at the time it did seem weird, I remember thinking, you know, when the Police came they turned the lights on, there was loads of noise, obviously from the moment Kate discovered that Madeleine was gone, the screaming and the shouting and there was a lot of noise and they, they didn’t, you know, so much as blink”.

Question “Okay and realising that Madeleine had not been found in the first ten minutes, how did Kate react?”

Reply “Oh as I said earlier, she was hysterical, it upsets me very much to even think about how she was, cos it was erm, she was so terrified, absolutely inconsolable, she was rampaging round the, the room, she’s up and down, pacing, kicking walls, just on, for most part, just imagining where or what might be happening to Madeleine and angry at herself and then for having left her, not being there and just, she was shouting a lot, I can’t, ‘We’ve, we’ve let her down Gerry, we’ve let her down, we weren’t there for her’ erm you know the pain that was causing her that she hadn’t been there, was just very raw, erm anger at the, the whole, I say the system that nobody was seemed to be arriving and you know, what was being done and the feeling of just nothing, nothing being done, the helplessness and that, that raw, raw emotion of just grief, of just terror and just praying, she was praying, she kept kneeling everywhere just praying and praying and praying and asking for a Priest and just wanted you know, everybody to be praying for Madeleine for her to be safe”.

Fiona Payne, in an interview with the Leicestershire Police, april 2008.


... but this was the first time I’d actually really seen or heard Gerry, he was on the phone to, erm, a member of his family, erm, curled up really on the floor just outside the sliding patio door just sobbing uncontrollably and in between sobs just saying ‘They’ve’, you know, ‘Someone’s taken her’ or ‘Somebody’s blo*dy got her’, you know, ‘She’s gone’ and absolutely erm, you know, you know, for such a strong man to see him on the floor broken he was, he was incapable of even standing up, he was just lying on the floor and just repeating himself, there was so little he could, you know, there was just nothing else in there.
(...)
Err in my opinion, you know, if this was, if there was any foul play bestowed on them, this was the, the, the most powerful Oscar winning act you have ever seen. There was no, there was no way I could imagine anyone could, could hide the fear they must have had if something had already happened and, and then, and, and, and display this, this degree, this degree of anguish without being the most accomplished of, of, and cynical of actors, you know this was unimaginable. I mean I’ve told patients they are dying I’ve told relatives they’ve, you know people have died, you know I’ve seen lots of people very, very angry, you know, you know very, very upset, very, very quickly and really broken and this was, this was as bad as any of them I’ve ever seen or heard. Err you know and the same for Gerry, not, not just in these moments but over the, over the coming, over the coming days, I’ve never ever witnessed such unimaginable grief.”

Question "On realising Madeleine had not been found in the first ten minutes, how did Kate react?”
Reply "I think I’ve already discussed this, I mean although I wasn’t there for the whole of that, that early period whenever you were back from outside you know she was well I can certainly recall hearing her on occasions and when I later saw her she was in, in a you know in a terrible state, an absolute terrible state.”

Question "And again, the same question for Gerald.”
Reply "Err I can honestly say that I would never ever have expected to see Gerry in that state, so I’d imagine if his, you know if a relative had died err you know he’s not, he’s not, he’s not some kind of cold, cold, big cold heart, but I’d imagine he would, he’s a rational, you know he rationalises things, he says you know she was eighty you know she was (inaudible) she smoked or something, he, he would be upset but he would accept, he would accept it as being a normal part of things, I’ve never seen anything like it, I would never expect to see Gerry like he was. He was, he was err distraught beyond any, any kind of measure.”

Russell O'Brien, in an interview with the Leicestershire Police, april 2008




22 comments:

  1. Kate and Gerry are better actors than parents but where they may score the highest is as ruthless megalomaniacs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Strange. According to Silvia Batisa, the lot of them were on their phones, calling the world and his wife to make sure the abduction theory was put in place swiftly, and adequately covered by the British media. Kate was sitting on the bed.
    Strange. NOT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of this I am certain , and I am certain I am not at all uniqueas a father: I have briefly turned around and feared my child lost, in a crowd. I have also imagined it, quite seperately from this case, before I had any interest in it. That is because I wanted to advise my children what to do if they got lost while were out in a crowd.
    I know for sure, I would be struck by terror, and not at all break down in tears or wails, but determinedly do everything to look and call for my child, and co-ordinate or cooperate with that. IN any case I would be searching myself, and not breaking down, or feeling sorry for myself. The child has to be searched for physically, immediately and ground covered with your eyes, voice and whole body.
    WHo better than you yourself to be included in that, and for what reason not to?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first ten minutes, i would have still been looking under the beds, searching the surrounding area, the friends apartments and calling her name. Maybe with an hour i too would have been hysterical, anything less than this would have to be a stage show.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wouldn't break down until after I was exhausted from searching. And then I would quickly rise up at dawn and begin again, even by bicycle, motorcycle or car, satisfied the local area was covered.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whatever happened to Maddie,I believe they were terribly shocked. Nobody expected at all the girl would die.It was a nightmare for them and for the rest of the group. And it still must be a nightmare for the parents.I can not exactly repeat what Gerald said, but he said those have being the two longest years of their lives. I know by own experience that time stops when we get a shock.And that we want that time goes by,rapidly, that the shock starts to belong to the past, we want to take distance of what happened, but sometimes we don't succeed.I think this is happening to them.On the other hand, a shock can change time on another way, at the same time: one day later, you can have the feeling you are weeks busy with the accident.Gerald saying "the longest 2 years" of their lives means that they even did not started mourning.I think they are still in shock, not one centimeter further than the evening of May the 3rd.

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of the statements here says gerry would rationalise it, the perosn was old etc...this explains how he was able to dump his daughters body like a snotty tissue..it was a cadaver, it was not Madeleine..arseholes the lot of them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "I mean I’ve told patients they are dying I’ve told relatives they’ve, you know people have died, you know I’ve seen lots of people very, very angry, you know, you know very, very upset, very, very quickly and really broken and this was, this was as bad as any of them I’ve ever seen or heard. Err you know and the same for Gerry, not, not just in these moments but over the, over the coming, over the coming days"

    Hmmmmmm, I think this statement is completely telling. I've always thought it but this is 'some' proof that their behaviour was that of grieving parents, whose child has died, not that of a child who is missing. I know that even when one of my pets has gone walk abouts, how hysterical and frantically searching I am for them (with fear they've got run over or something). I think I'd be the same x 20 for my child, and can't imagine any parent whose child is just missing (as opposed to dead) would behave any differently

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you loose something is not normal behaviour to have a look for it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Madeleine was there in person as she is shown sitting on someone's knee at the Tapas Bar. Could Madeleine have died in attack of some kind and the parents would not want her body found so details could not be discovered on how she died. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The information you can glean from this gibberish is the following: They waited a long time before they contacted the police, so much for Amber Alert. Despite the sound of walls being punched, screams, sirens, and the apartment being loaded with people, the kids didn't respond, this suggests sedation. For the mother to continuously check the twin's breathing, suggests that she wasn't sure if the kids were dead or alive. One can infer from this that she was aware that the kids had been sedated and that she feared they would die the same way Madeleine had died, i.e. from an overdose. As doctors they probably employed special means to try to revive Madeleine but were unsuccessful, this could explain the traces of blood found in the apartment. It's interesting that the couple and their relatives strongly denied that the kids were sedated but later on, from what I read in the British press, they made the ridiculous claim that the supposed abductor had sedated Madeleine and the twins. Why now claim that all the kids were sedated? Probably for fear that forensic evidence would arise that the twins had indeed been sedated and for fear that Madeleine's body would be found and upon analysis reveal high concentrations of a sedative. If the body still exists it is skeletonized and therefore it won't be of any forensic value.

    Why would people go on babbling about a couple's grief when a couple of sentences to describe their grief would suffice? This suggests to me that they are anticipating the line of questioning the police is following, and are making an extra effort to convince the police that the couple showed grief. Why is this necessary? What does all this mean? It means they are trying to defend the couple, so their testimony has to be taken with a grain of salt.

    I would like to draw attention to the following statement by Russell O'Brien:

    "Err in my opinion, you know, if this was, if there was any foul play bestowed on them, this was the, the, the most powerful Oscar winning act you have ever seen. There was no, there was no way I could imagine anyone could, could hide the fear they must have had if something had already happened and, and then, and, and, and display this, this degree, this degree of anguish without being the most accomplished of, of, and cynical of actors, you know this was unimaginable."

    Translation: Something had already happened Madeleine had died, and yes they are actors. Narcissists are more like parrots than good actors, they have been mimicking people's emotions all their lives and they cannot empathize with anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  13. “But Kate McCann defended legal action against an ex-Portuguese detective over comments she and her husband Gerry were involved in Madeleine's disappearance.

    "The McCanns announced they are suing Goncalo Amaral, who led the probe into what happened to the child in 2007.” - Teletext.

    You see. Mr. Amaral, what happens when, instead of investigating a case with rigour, you spend three months in a torpor, May-July 2007, and let the suspects slip away. It comes back and bites you in the arse. Grief indeed.

    And what about these ‘comments’ of yours? Did you not write a book, to your considerable profit? You certainly dress better than you did in summer ‘07, as befits a major stockholder in Madeleine McCann Productions, Inc.

    And yes, Katiekins MCadaver, you are certainly right to concede that families should be investigated when their child ‘disappears’. And when they are as ‘involved’ as you are, let them hope and pray they only have an Amaral to contend with.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A display of grief at this stage is rather fishy.

    Breaking down at this stage is showing they know the child is lost - dead!

    At this stage, a parent would look for the child, not get everyone else to do so under the pretence of an abduction and be concerned with a big display of grief for the cameras.

    ReplyDelete
  15. As I already post before... for me they show's the world that they are grieving Madeleine when they went to the Vatican. Look the way that they are dressed... like grieving parents. They never dressed like that before or after that day. Mean's they dont feel well cheating with God because HE and peraphs the Pope know's what happened to Madeleine. This is why the Pope did'nt pay too much attention for them. They are treated like any other pelegrin despite all the influence and hard work from the "Spin Man". I had a really bad feeling that day watching them in the TV. Something looks very strange, specially the clothes. why dont David C. study the way that they dress-up in some occasions to understand what is behind this behaviour? More then one time Kate show's the world how important are for her the colors. Remember the hair bows and the bracelets yellow and green? Then Why this clothes when they face God? They grief Madeleine in the Vatican and never went back. All the show involving the religion and the church was only when they are in Portugal, to touch people hearts, peraphs advised by very professional advisors which know's Portugal is a Catholic country with a huge amount of people going to Fatima and to the Vatican every year. They went once and never came back. Why? The child still missing... Why they can't face the Pope again?

    ReplyDelete
  16. These words of PLUM completely sum up my feelings and indeed anger that these two did not look for their own eldest IVF child that supposedly vanished that night. That lack of action alone is what I call damning evidence. Maybe others don't but I do. It is evidence that they ultimately didn't care about Madeleine.
    Plums words are spot on, he said

    ...I know for sure, I would be struck by terror, and not at all break down in tears or wails, but determinedly do everything to look and call for my child, and co-ordinate or cooperate with that. IN any case I would be searching myself, and not breaking down, or feeling sorry for myself. The child has to be searched for physically, immediately and ground covered with your eyes, voice and whole body. WHo better than you yourself to be included in that, and for what reason not to?

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is what i think i would do on finding my child missing, a)shout for help b) check swimming pool c) check around other apartments incase she has gone looking for her friends d)search Ocean Club e) search surrounding area. When i lost my 4yr old for few minutes i checked immediate area and luckily found her trying on shoes in shop window, i didnt ring all my relatives and i didnt pray or shriek with grief, i did what is normal, i looked for her, she was fortunately in the same shop and had moved only few feet away whilst i was paying for her new shoes. Nevertheless i was in a complete panic, but i searched straightaway. Jan

    ReplyDelete
  18. Once I lost my 4 years old daughter for several minutes and I became insane. I was running everywhere, in shock, screeming for help. I found her back in a super market, "shopping" sweets and toys.That was the worst day of my life, I will never forget it.
    I've seen neighbours, also crazy, running around, searching for their "lost"child.
    The behaviour of Tapas 9 was calm, not insane.They all knew the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  19. K explained in her Mockumentary (unbelievably so) how she knew just knew it was an abduction. I remember her on This Morning last year saying to Fawn Brytton that she could not go into detail because of the Portuguese Secrecy Law but if she could have told the world how she knew just knew then she would have. She also said if we (the public) had been there and found what she found then we would without a doubt know just know it was an abduction. Well as I said at the start of this post she did eventually explain how she knew just knew and I have to say she talked twaddle and I still do not believe her. Having found the flat the way she found it and expects the world to believe her child was abducted. Then why did this mother who knew just knew her child had been taken/abducted, then leave her other two children to go back to a Tapas Bar 120 mts away (approx) to tell her husband and friends that her child was gone?

    I am a British citizen I do not believe what I read or view on/in the UK Press/Media regarding this case. Goncalo Amaral's theory supports my thoughts on the 4/5/07 when I heard about these awful people. Everything they say or do since confirms my suspicions of these people and now I include their friends who were with them on holiday as being suspicious. This lot as far as I am concerned are an embarrassment to the UK and the UK Press/Media are equally an embarrassment and allow these two to use the Press/Media as a stage to spread their propaganda! Shame on them!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've read this morning in a report that Kate went out at 6am with Gerry to look for their daughter and were shocked or surprised that no one else was out looking. How ironic that THEY should be surprised by everyone else's absense.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is indeed a very informative site, many congratulations, I often log on, but never posted before.

    Snr Amaral has my highest regards, I hope I would be brave enough to do the same in his position.

    Did anyone else notice the inconsistency in Gerry's documentary?

    He said he didn't actually go in the room but could see Madeleine quite clearly from the doorway, and said how beautiful she looked.

    But when Kate looked in, she said she couldn't even make out whether Madeleine was there or not (she couldn't tell if it was bed clothes or her daughter she was looking at) She therefore would not have been able to say how beautiful, or not, her daughter looked.

    However, the room should have been much lighter when Kate looked, because she told us that the curtains were blowing and the window was open, so there would have been light coming in from outside.

    Just something else that doesn't add up.

    ReplyDelete