13 June 2009

Brit Tabloid Exclusive - Raymond Hewlett : “I didn’t kill the McCann girl”

Before you read you'll be needing this...
....a pinch of salt.


Sunday Mirror: Maddie suspect Raymond Hewlett admits he doesn't have an alibi for night she disappeared

EXCLUSIVE from Simon Wright [simon.wright@sundaymirror.co.uk] in Aachen, Germany 14/06/2009

Convicted paedophile talks for the first time about Maddie investigation, but says he did not kill her.

Broken, frail, with only weeks to live, Raymond Hewlett is the man the McCanns fear could take the secrets of their daughter’s disappearance to the grave.

The convicted child rapist – who has been catapulted into the frame over the hunt for Madeleine – sits hunched up in a squalid German flat, gasping for breath as he finally breaks his silence.

“It’s obvious why they’re interested in me,” croaks Hewlett, 64. “But they can all think what they like. I didn’t kill the McCann girl. It’s the truth and it’s never going to change.”

The man jailed three times for sex attacks on girls today speaks out for the first time in a bid to clear his name amid the mountain of circumstantial evidence against him.

Hewlett, who has been in hiding ever since he was named in connection with the case, admits he was in the Algarve at the time Madeleine was snatched and, as our pictures show, that he looks strikingly similar to a sketch of a suspect with a pock-marked face seen lurking around the apartment.

And five weeks after she disappeared, he left Portugal for Morocco for a two-month-long “business trip”.

There, he told Peter Verran, a tourist he had befriended, that he’d become obsessed with the case and he admitted being outside the McCanns’ holiday flat in Praia da Luz “many times” and parking his van close to the complex.

What’s more he is refusing to give an alibi for the night Madeleine, three, vanished.

“I have an alibi but why should I share it?” he says, struggling for air with each syllable.

“There is a person who can say where I was that day, but why should I bring them into this? I’ve done nothing wrong. Why should I have to prove it?

“My life’s been made a misery for something I know nothing about and a crime I’ve not committed.

“I’d take a lie-detector test. I’ll take any test you like. The only time I’ve seen Madeleine McCann is on missing posters. And I saw her on TV in a bar once. But I’ve never seen her in real life. Yes I’ve been to Praia da Luz, but not since 2002.”

But those claims contradict what former Scots Guard Mr Verran, 46, says Hewlett told him – that he was in and around Praia da Luz at the time Madeleine disappeared in May 2007.

The McCanns’ private detectives first became aware of father-of-six Hewlett in February this year when his name was given to them during local door-to-door inquiries.

His distinctive live-in Dodge truck, large family and bizarre nomad lifestyle singled him out.

Further checks into his past revealed his previous convictions in Britain, including the rape of a 12-year-old girl he lured into his car and then drugged with paint stripper, an attempted rape of a 14-year-old girl he snatched from a fair and threatened with a fake gun and the abduction of a 14-year-old newspaper delivery girl.

The McCanns’ investigators began searching for him, keen to eliminate him from inquiries.

Portuguese detectives told UK officers they were unaware of his existence until the McCann team uncovered his name.

But bizarrely, Hewlett tells the Sunday Mirror he was visited twice by Portuguese police over the Maddie case and gave detectives a DNA swab and fingerprints, although he was never arrested or quizzed.

The McCanns’ investigators are unsure whether to believe him or the detectives in Portugal. Hewlett says that Portuguese police, acting on unknown information, swooped on his truck while he was had throat cancer treatment across the border in Spain in August 2008.

He also says that local police helping in the search for Maddie visited him, wife Mariana and their children in the summer of 2007.

He says: “They checked that all the children living with us were ours. Our youngest girl looks a bit like her. But they saw everything was OK and they left.

“The police came again in August last year and told Mariana it was about the McCann girl. They asked for me and Mariana told them I was in hospital. They came to see me and asked permission to take DNA and fingerprints. I was very sick and barely able to speak to them. They asked where we parked in the Algarve in the first half of 2007.

“I told them, ‘You know where we’ve been because you know us round there.’

“I knew why they were asking, because I’d seen the TV and newspapers. By then, that McCann kid’s photo was in every shop and supermarket you went in to. I’ve got previous convictions for child-sex crimes so my heart sank. I thought, ‘Oh no, here we go again.’

"I was miles from the UK but it didn’t make any difference. I’d tried hard to build a new life. But the reality for me is that my past convictions will never go away.

"I have to put up with it because it’s always going to be this way. I gave them their DNA and fingerprints. I knew they were just doing their job but I was angry. I had enough to cope with. I had cancer and no money.”

At the time Madeleine vanished, Hewlett and his family were moving between three towns in the Algarve – Vila Real de Santo Antonio, Fuzeta and Tavira – all within 60 miles of Praia da Luz. They scraped money together by picking up unwanted jumble and old car parts, then selling it on.

Hewlett, originally from Todmorden, West Yorks, and Mariana first arrived in Portugal from her native Germany in the summer of 2002. They had been together five years after meeting in Italy. He was a mechanic on a tourist boat and Mariana worked as a cleaner for the boat’s owners on the Mediterranean island of Elba.

They embarked on a tour of Europe in the converted Dodge truck. He had installed beds for their children, a sink, cooker and shower.

At that point the couple had four children – David, 10, who died when he fell from their moving truck in December last year, Michael, nine, Anya, eight, and Jobe, seven, who were all born in Germany. Yanina, six, and Paul, three, were born during their travels across the Algarve, and the youngest Daniel, now six-and-a-half months, was born in Spain.

“We’d stop in various places and decide whether to hang around there,” he says. “It would depend on the weather and how easy it was to make money. I used to busk on the street, playing guitar. I can’t really play but people would give me money anyway.”

Hewlett says he was 60 miles away – in Vila Real de Santo Antonio – when Maddie was taken. Crucially, he says he cannot specifically remember being there that day.

“May 3 was a Thursday and I was always in Vila Real Santo Antonio on Thursdays,” he says. “My routine never altered. That’s 100km from Praia da Luz.

“If you asked people there if we were there on that day, I don’t know what they’d say. Maybe they can’t remember. If you ask them if we were normally there, they’d say yes. If it wasn’t for the fact that we were living the way we were, I wouldn’t be able to say so clearly that that was where I was.

“It’s only because of the way we live that I can say it. As far as I’m concerned, I don’t have to prove anything.

“Our truck was our only vehicle. I didn’t have another vehicle to go anywhere in. It’s a high-profile vehicle. Once you see it, you never forget it. It was like that purposefully because I wanted people to see us. I didn’t want to be hiding.”

But he claims that a female friend who shot a home video of him and his family on May 5 – two days after Maddie vanished – could vouch for his whereabouts on May 3.

The 30-minute video – seen by the Sunday Mirror – shows Hewlett, Mariana and their seven children laughing at the camera and playing games with each other at a market they regularly attended in the Portuguese town of Fuzeta every Sunday, less than 40 miles from Praia da Luz.

His youngest daughter Yanina bears a striking resemblance to missing Maddie.

He says: “The friend who made the video would remember where I was two days earlier. She could tell anyone where I was. But I haven’t asked her and I don’t intend to.

“Why should I ask her? I don’t think I should involve anybody. Why should I keep dragging people in to this. I don’t like being in it, so why should I keep putting people’s names forward so that they get bothered with it too?

“I could ask her, but if she says no, then sorry, the answer is no. Then people will just have to carry on speculating.”

A month later, on June 10, Hewlett left Portugal and took his family to Morocco.

He said: “A friend gave me a broken old Mercedes and I stripped it down into parts.

“I knew they were worth a fortune in Morocco because I’d been there for a couple of months in 2005. You can even get good money for Mercedes nuts and bolts there.

“I knew people on the docks at Faro and I got the captain of a ferry to take us over for free. We stayed in Morocco for two months and came back in the August. I made 300 euros from the car parts.”

His voice so weak it is at times barely audible, today Hewlett is holed up in his cramped, sparce apartment, with Mariana, 33, and six young children.

The family arrived there six weeks ago as his health deteriorated, and Mariana is able to get state benefits.

Hewlett was last month tracked down by the McCanns’ detectives to a hospital in Aachen, Germany, where he was undergoing treatment. The detectives had hoped to put a series of questions to him but he refused to see them and they were forced to return to the UK empty-handed.

This week, they travelled there for a second time but he was deemed too ill to undergo intensive questioning.

Today as he wastes away on the fourth floor of a tower block, Hewlett is close to death. Doctors discharged him from hospital, telling him there is nothing more they can do for him, and his weight has plummeted to just 45kg. Instead of expressing sympathy for Kate and Gerry McCann, he insists people should feel sorry for him.

“I would say to the McCanns that I know what it’s like to lose a child because it’s happened to me recently,” he says.

“I’ve been through hell and now I’ve got another hell which I don’t deserve. I know for a fact that I didn’t do anything wrong, but if people aren’t listening, what can you do?”

Shaking with pain, he repeats: “I didn’t kill the McCann girl.”

32 comments:

  1. "Portuguese detectives told UK officers they were unaware of his existence until the McCann team uncovered his name."
    You really think people are stupid don't you? Do you forget people all around the world know what is in the files?This man has already been investigated by the portuguese police.End of story.Stop lying, seus projectos mal acabados the jornalistas.

    Only people in England think this man might have something to do with Madeleine's "disappearance" because they only read in the newspapers and see on the television what Clarence Mitchell want them to see or read.The rest of the world knows Madeleine died two years ago, her parents and their friends hid her body and then they all simulated an abduction.

    Gerry and Kate, if this is all you have left then you are FINISHED.It's over!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mccScums will regret THIS move to for rest of their lives unless they decide to suicide
    A pinch of salt? gosh...Joana,a bucket you mean....this is totally absurde.I think they are furious because Hewlett has made some cash on that one and THEY didnt....what a bunch of psychopaths,geeejuscritus

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing (though not surprising) how low, the McCanns/Mitchell and the British media in general, can go just to pursue their agendas, be it money for the fraudulent fund or money by selling tabloids; and they can do all this - pointing the finger at a soon to be 'dead-man'- without any consequences.

    I have no more doubts regarding the McCanns' morals and medical ethics [which should be obliged by the McCann's oath as doctors] after watching for the last weeks the 'Brit Paedo McCampaign' played in the media. If at one side I could understand the lies, the constant attacks to Portugal, to specific persons like Gonçalo Amaral, this latest media spin is an ignominy only surpassed by their attempt to connect Mari Luz Cortés tragic death in Huelva.

    The abuse of the McCanns when they published Mari Luz photo in the joint 'missing' posters without her parents permission and the subsequent Mitchellized media spins will go in the History as one of the most cruel, malicious acts performed and sponsored by the Rothley couple.

    It's absolutely unforgivable.

    I feel frustrated that no one in the right places, in the British media, or in the UK/PT Justice system seems to care about the truth, or facts, or about a little dead girl and the fact that her three year old life memory is being deliberately corrupted with lies, cover ups, xenophobia, sick media spins made and created only to produce an alibi for the McCanns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The team McCann are not going to let this die so to speak. A dying man is what they are pinning their hopes on IMHO, to take the blame for what they have done. They (McCs) will never give up now that they have a scapegoat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This man is mad to give this interview to the mirror.Its a rag and has backed the Maccanns from day 1. They will try to pin it on him no matter what he says. And some people will fall for it.

    This is what they want its another smokescreen for them hurry Mr Ameral and get them in court. ASAP

    ReplyDelete
  6. If Hewlett is prepared to take a lie detector test, that's more than Kate and Gerry McCann did! This is such a load of rubbish - of course the Portuguese police knew about Hewlett, they questioned him and ruled him out. And his alibi is common knowledge. When will this farce ever be forced to come to an end?

    ReplyDelete
  7. who would have thought that the parents of a missing little girl could sink so low. Mitchell you expect it from. Being paid to lie is his job description, always has been, but the parents?

    Only people with someone to hide, sorry a slip, 'with something' to hide would act as they have.

    The mirror say that Hewlitt looks so like 'spotty man' - why then have they posted everywhere hewlits picture with long dark haired man?
    It is time someone in UK press had the courage to report this case from a balanced and honest stance.

    Madeleine stood no chance with these people as her protectors.

    God rest her soul and may her parents never be free from torment for the heinous crime they have committed against this child, before and after her disappearance.

    The damage to Sean and Amelie and the life they will now live all mapped out for them due to the irresponsible actions and neglect of their parents.

    Their acts and lies are sickening.

    ReplyDelete
  8. More McCann smoke and mirrors
    They are very good and getting better at spin and deception.
    Their accusations which make the Portuguese police look stupid continue to go unchallenged

    Unless Mr Amaral drags them into a court they will get away with being responsible for the death of their daughter and will continue to disparage and poor scorn upon the Portuguese Police and justice system, whilst they make more money from their disappearance scam
    They are truly evil

    ReplyDelete
  9. think this journalist thinks like us

    he highlights why or how a 62 year old has time to drive his truck with his wife and all his kids

    just watched Sky News,......sigh

    ReplyDelete
  10. Frankly I don't blame Howlett for giving the interview. He has made a bit of money.
    He has said nothing other than to state he is completely innocent.
    As a result the Mirror has a headline, the keystone cops have justified their existence and the Mccanns have thrown to their few gullible followers a little smokescreen.
    They will persist with prepostrous stories and the cover up of their guilt. They are deep in the cycle of having to tell more lies to cover up previous ones.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Missing Maddie: Paedo 'Won't Reveal Alibi'- SKY NEWS 14 Jun. 09

    “I have an alibi but why should I share it?" he said in an interview with the Sunday Mirror."
    "There is a person who can say where I was that day, but why should I bring them into this? I've done nothing wrong. Why should I have to prove it?" he added."

    HE HAS MORE MORAL THEN THE MCCANN'S TEAM. YES ,SUSPECTS SHOULD ONLY COME TO NEWS PAPER front pages after an official, deep and strong investigation was done. Not on base off innuendos, suppositions, probabilities, conveniences. Thousands of people were close to Praia da Luz on the day she went missing and THIS MEAN'S NOTHING TO THE CRIME.


    "He denies killing Madeleine - and said he would take a lie detector test to prove it."

    KATE REFUSED THE LIE DETECTOR, ON HER DAUGHTER DISAPPEARENCE..... CAN SHE LEARN WITH MR. HEWLETT?????


    ""I'll take any test you like. The only time I've seen Madeleine McCann is on missing posters. And I saw her on TV in a bar once," he said.
    "But I've never seen her in real life." "

    SAME AS THOUSANDS of people in the Algarve.


    " Despite a massive police investigation and huge publicity worldwide, she has never been found."

    REALLY??? Should I read well? A MASSIVE POLICE INVESTIGATION printed on Sky News? I was thinking about a crap and incompetent PJ... Is This a small change?..... a intention to come back to reality and keep the fiction away from public brains?


    "Mr Hewlett had originally given police investigating the case a DNA sample in 2007, but was never questioned."

    NON, They insist on the fiction... another LIE. G. Amaral talking to journalist Julia Pinheiro, told the public that he was investigated and eliminated from the inquiry because he had an alibi for May 3. If the police took a sample of his DNA in 2007, then the result is on the files. Why the privates detect. want more DNA? SUSPICIOUS....

    ""Mr Edgar said: "I have been attempting to speak with Raymond Hewlett to eliminate him from our investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.
    "He is not a suspect but I was keen to interview him because of his failing health." "

    ET VOILA, a crap reason... If he is not a suspect, he is AUTOMATICALLY eliminated from the investigation. BUT they still dreaming with a false confession to bring him into the investigation as a suspect and over the case with Maddie’s body founded by the TRAGIC AND ENORMOUS EFFORT OF HER PARENTS.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Joana and dear bloggers,

    What is a perfect crime?
    This is a crime with enough evidences to arrest someone BUT also with how we call in Brazil as "traffic of influences" -in this case as a endless political power of UK/PT to keep the Mccans in freedom.
    This is a perfect crime without punishment.
    I ask myself what kind of interess does the british government has to protect Gerry Mccann?
    Does he is a spy ?
    If you don't know the truth you tend to give room to your fantasy.

    Greetings from Maria / Rio de Janeiro

    ReplyDelete
  13. I sincerely hope that the majority of the British public are far more intelligent than our so called media and government believe us to be. The alternative is far too serious to contemplate.

    This bit made me laugh, not the only bit but it stands out:

    "Hewlett, who has been in hiding ever since he was named in connection with the case...."

    In hiding in hospital with terminal cancer! Of course.

    Since the exposure of MP's expenses,the unbelievable attention that "Britain's Got Talent" has attracted, and the panic over Swine flu, I can see that there is a pattern to the media reporting of events that is all too clear to see.

    Focusing on people's fears, unrealised desires, and propensity for outrage, the media plays upon this to generate headlines designed to sell their publications with little or no regard for accuracy, fairness, or balance.

    It is almost as if people are so cowed and discouraged that they can only live their lives through the drama's of other people, whether they be actual or fictional. The ultimate blending of the two is 'reality tv'.

    ReplyDelete
  14. "Hewlett, who has been in hiding ever since he was named in connection with the case, admits he was in the Algarve at the time Madeleine was snatched and, as our pictures show, that he looks strikingly similar to a sketch of a suspect with a pock-marked face seen lurking around the apartment."

    It will take the whole one kilo packet of salt to swallow this story, just a pinch is not enough!
    So, he's "strikingly similar" to "pimple-man", he's he? When did the reporter last had his eyes checked??? My goodness! They only have to watch the Mockumentary and see for themselves how the Mccann team thinks the man looked like: YOUNG AND FIT, a man in his 30's at the most! Not a 60 year old diseased man!

    Mr. Hewlett said regarding his aliby:

    "“There is a person who can say where I was that day, but why should I bring them into this? I’ve done nothing wrong. Why should I have to prove it?"

    Unlike the McCanns, this man, however despicable he may be, still has scrupouls about using other people to save his back, he's not going to name a person that perhaps could vouch for his whereabouts and put him in the clear, he will not disrupt other lives!

    "“I’d take a lie-detector test. I’ll take any test you like."

    Kate and Gerry, will you take one too? If not, WHY??? I believe you once said you would do it...what's been keeping you?...

    "Shaking with pain, he repeats: “I didn’t kill the McCann girl.”"

    Of course not! Not him...even her parents don't think anyone killed her, they keep
    saying she's alive and well "out there", a "very findable girl"!

    ReplyDelete
  15. And once more, of course, the Mirror is not taking readers comments on this! Disgusting cowardly shitty sold-out rag, not even suitable for the toilet!

    ReplyDelete
  16. its sickening to hear this story made headline news in SKY today, after the time and lies?

    feel sorry for presenters and people on show who has to lie through their teeth because of the Mc Cann's power

    ReplyDelete
  17. No alibi=guilty

    typical CM ploy

    RH must have got paid alot of cash to say 'i did not kill Maddie'

    hence keep the lie (and fund) going

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Mccann's are both doctors...

    They for a single moment think which future are they buying for the twins undert all cowardy?... They are building a SUICIDE FUTURE for two innocents, once again.
    They will grow-up with friends which will get access to all the stories and iformation which are public now, trough their parents. They will ask questions... many questions.... very serious, very embarassing and very painful questions. This twins will got a life of misery and I will be not surprised if they end-up in a suicide torment at expenses of their parents.... VERY, VERY BAD PARENTING. They are killing three in one, just to save their faces and their status. Their childs life always come at the end of their options.
    I feel very sorry for that innocents which dont ask to be born in a so sick family.
    Maddie will never come back alive, but she will remain forever on everyboby conscience as the new Anne Frank.... the little girl which democratic countrys in XXI Century leave without justice. So low is the value of a child life....

    ReplyDelete
  19. The McCanns have no shame and every attempt to find sth to cover up their child's death will always be worthless because every intelligent person knows they are LYING. How can they live with all these lies and big farce? Their life must be hell, now that the world KNOWS they are trying everything to save their skin.How can they look at themselves in the mirror? They think they can live with the LIE but they won't. No one can. Sooner or later the truth will come to the surface. And the pressure is only on them...

    ReplyDelete
  20. IN the "MCCANN FILES":

    "Raymond Hewlett and 'Cooperman': The 'eerie similarities', 30 May 2009"

    See the chart with the comparison between the similarities of Hewlett and "Cooperman".
    One can only laugh! "Ludicrous", some would say...they really are digging themselves a hole, and it's getting deeper by the day!

    http://www.mccannfiles.com/id232.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. How much lower will the McPinks and the UK Press/Media stoop!

    ReplyDelete
  22. unfortunately, some people reading the papers DO believe the McCs.
    I have friends telephone me quite rudely saying, I told you she was abducted, it's all over the papers.
    I just wonder how small a minority we all are --- scarey.

    Let's hope the big players, not us bloggers, come up with something soon.

    feel sorry for the twins, they are still being fed the lie that their sister will come home. When she doesn't, will they ever believe anything again?

    The Mockumentary clearly showed that Kate can't concentrate on being a mother, her heart isn't in it. All smiles are forced and strained. Gerry obviously can't stand the sight of her. A very forced peck of a kiss when he arrived home, pushed her away when she tried to help him with his rucksack, and then ignored Kate, going straight to his son (male chauvenist again coming to the fore there) Ignored her from then on.

    Did you notice the garden scene when he (deliberately in my opinion) chucked the ball right at kate's face, then muttered an apology without looking at her. That bit wss priceless AND it was when they were trying to show the world how happy they all were!

    Not such good actors after all.

    ReplyDelete
  23. "It's amazing (though not surprising) how low, the McCanns/Mitchell and the British media in general, can go just to pursue their agendas"

    That really is rich coming from you Joana.

    ReplyDelete
  24. McCann fear he will take his secrets to grave.

    Well done Mr. Mitchell - never give up this honeypot Maddie fund!

    Beata, Germany

    ReplyDelete
  25. The McCanns are so interested in this bloke that they can't evebn be nothered to look him in the eye themselves. Better let Mickey mouse and Donald Duck do it for them.

    by the way...

    The AA route map shows the distance between Plymouth and Exeter to be 44.5 miles and shows a time of 57 minutes to carry out the journey !!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I guess Jane Liar Tanner, is pushing out her memory and give a new descrption of egg man to fit Hewlett.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Anonym, dont worry... we are not a minority, we are a majority. Maybe there is a small number of UK readers which believe on tabloids stories, but this ones will be the first to change their opinions if a more serious media print something truth. The rest of europe, I will say ,even the rest of the world, dont believe on a single word of Mccann's team. I'm living in a country on Asia Continent and believe me, most of the people which I know dont believe on an abduction since the beginning and have the fear that Maddie died on May 3 inside the 5A flat.
    If she was alive and really abducted, all the investigation will be done in secret and out of media eyes. THIS IS THE FIRST RULE ON ANY CRIME INVESTIGATION AND ALL DETECTIVES KNOW THAT. They are using the media to survive and get more money into the fund with a victim story. Everybody should stop feeding the Fund.
    Today, the first enemy for them was not anymore the PJ. I even doubt that is Mr. Amaral even if they are trying to frame him. The first enemy is the public, bloggers like us, which dont give up and not support the lie.
    Hewlett was a huge mistake... and they should realise that they envolve so many people on the lie that the lie cannot be old for long time. The governments are folling down, the prosecutors and the Attorney general will fell aswell and when they will be down, the truth will rise the surface. The attitude of this politics raise enemys inside the investigation and they will not keep the secret and the pressures forever. REMEMBER THE PAPERS WITH STATE SECRETS LEAVED IN THE UNDERGROUND TRAIN.... IT WAS AN ACCIDENT OR A PLAN?
    The truth will come out, no matter how many Hewletts they have on their pockets.

    ReplyDelete
  28. People, there are email addresses of hospitals in the UK. You can find them on internet.
    Please write those hospitals to watch Amaral's documentary on You Tube.
    Or just transport it to those addresses.
    Send it also to tourist offices in the UK.
    To schools in the region where the Mccanns live.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Mccann's, no truth will be leaved unturnned... Maddie is a shadow framing your lifes day after day.... She will be the winner...

    ReplyDelete
  30. Any police force in any country will have on its books the names and wherabouts of their area's unscrupulous characters.

    Considering the amount of lonely misfits routinely uncovered by police investigating cases of missing youngsters, I would have thought the police would have no problem at all in 'framing' one such rootless and alibi-less character.

    Instead we were expected to believe that the Portuguese and British police, with half the world's media and an exrtremely sympathetic public watching, attempted to 'frame' saints Kate and Gerald of Rothley. And who told us of this dastardly plot - none other than the good doctorsthemselves, of course.

    It was an obvious smokescreen then, and it's an obvious smokescreen now. If this is the very best they can come up with, then I take consolation from the fact that McCann/Mitchell etc are scraping the proverbial bucket and are probably twitching more than they have been for a long time.

    It's still not too late to do the right thing, eh, McCann.

    ReplyDelete
  31. There were 8 young children brought by Tapas 9 to Praia da Luz.
    Those families are living in England.
    Teachers and neighbours should know what some of those parents are suspect of, although the police still don't have any concrete evidence.But the police know that Maddie is dead and that the group feared autopsy.
    They have to be informed about Payne and the Mallorca incident.
    They got to know the Mccanns continued their close friendship with the Paynes, after Mallorca.
    They visite(d) the McCanns a couple of times a week.
    Teachers and neighbours must know young children living near Tapas 9
    could be in serious danger.
    Which one of you could find school addresses at the sorroundings of those people and send them Amaral's documentary and tell them more about his book?

    ReplyDelete
  32. I am not saying that Hewlett is guilty, but he does need further investigation. My questions are;

    He told Sunday Mirror that he was visited twice by Portuguese Police, who took DNA swab and finger prints, re; Maddy case, yet was never questioned. Is it normal for any police simply to take DNA swabs and finger prints without telling the person why or asking them questions?

    He said that police in Portugal had visited him, his wife and their children to check that all the children living with them were theirs. It is believed that the children didn't have papers or passports, which was to cause a big problem when they later needed to settle down in Germany, get a house, benefits and send their children to school. So without papers how did the Portuguese Police assertain all the children were indeed his? It has also been said that Hewlett had to smuggle some of his children into Morocco as they didn't have passports. Would another such as Maddy made any difference? Remember, Hewlett lived off-grid in Portugal, which means no school for the children, no legal work, no address, no benefits.

    Just because Hewlett said that the Dodge was the only vehicle he owned,this doesn't mean that he didn't have use of another vehicle.

    Hewlett mentions taking his Dodge on a free ferry ride to Morocco from a captain friend he knew who sailed from Faro. Try as I might, I am unable to find ANY ferries at all that leave from PORTUGAL to Morocco. To sail to Morocco you have to leave from either Gibraltar or Spain. I have done the trip many time in a motorhome and have never found one that leaves from Portugal. We have always had to leave from Spain or Gibraltar.

    The McCann's didn;t uncover Hewlett's name. WE DID. We knew about his vile past over a year ago, but when we tried to tell the McCann's Maddy fund, Crimestoppers, (he was one of the most wanted 7 paedophiles in Uk at the time) Local police, West Yorks Police, (they wanted to question him over a crime committed back in 1974) NO ONE WANTED TO KNOW! WHY? We were told NOT to mention any of this in any interviews we were to give, neither were we allowed to express any negativity against the McCanns. WHY? Am I not allowed my opinion?

    We were the first people to interview Hewlett in his hospital bed in Germany. We asked him if he had any involvement with the disappearance of Maddy McCann and he came up with some story that he was at a car boot in Fusetta. The car boot he was talking about is only held on a Sunday. Maddy went missing on the Thursday. He then said that he knows he was at the car boot because as he left he saw a police car! ....so what? He then started lying about his past, that we told him we knew all about.

    This linked with other things said about him, he must, if nothing else be properly investigated.

    There is something strange about the disappearnce of Maddy. One day it will be uncovered I am sure.

    ReplyDelete