28 October 2010

Who will take responsibility for the Amaral Family and Maddie Case?


any of them? all of them? some of them?
(various faces & people missing; you know who you are... and so do we)


SIC morning talk show Companhia das Manhãs | Registo Criminal broadcast on 20.10.2010
Excerpt taken from Criminal Record: 'Kate McCann in Praia da Luz : 'Companhia das Manhãs' [lit. trans. Morning Companionship] is a daily talk show presented by Rita Ferro Rodrigues and Francisco Menezes, broadcast by SIC Portuguese TV channel owned by Impresa. (...) The talk-show focal point is on human-interest stories such as family, life, education, etc, discussing topical issues that have made the news headlines; it also presents some entertaining moments as well as Hernâni Carvalho [who co-authored with Luís Maia, Maddie 129 in 2007] crime segment titled 'Registo Criminal' [lit. trans. Criminal Record].

“Gonçalo Amaral believes that the Maddie Case process might be re-opened soon”

Transcript/Translation

Rita Ferro Rodrigues - RFR
Francisco Menezes - FM
Hernâni Carvalho - HC
Gonçalo Amaral - GA
Paulo Pereira Cristovão - PPC
Paulo Sargento - PS

RFR - Why did you want to be here, specifically, today?

HC - Because it's a shame to forbid a man of speaking about how he has worked. People may not like Inspector Gonçalo Amaral, people may not even like his work methodology, however what one cannot do is to forbid a man of speaking about his life. The Maddie case was coordinated by Inspector Gonçalo Amaral, therefore for him to give an account about that in a book was his right, to report what was in the process in the book was a second right - to forbid him and take the bread out of his mouth, in a so-called democratic country, is not normal. And I won't say anything further regarding that. I suggest you watch the reportage we have done.

GA - It's is a joyful day, a day that I see as important. (cut) We cannot defend a democratic system if we allow Freedom of Expression to be curtailed, as it was in my case. (cut) I know about my daughters' reaction, who have been through a lot; and when they learned about the decision - they were the first to know - they cried, they cried of happiness. (cut) For the past 13 months while I was obliged to be silent regarding this issue, while I was denigrated, while my whole family saw our assets being arrested, the intrusion of my and my family's private life, which has practically taken us close to poverty...(cut) Until that disappearance, until I left the police I was an active element in the Judiciary Police. (cut) Then my life changed radically, I went from a stable, comfortable situation to one far more precarious, jeopardizing even my family subsistence. (cut) I still hold the wish - and I have the certainty that the investigation will be reopened soon. (cut) Nowadays I have no doubts left, the archival for various reasons, was mainly due to political pressures made by the English - I have no doubts about that. (cut) The investigation will be concluded, it will be re-opened and it will be taken to an end; and justice will be made, that is all that we want. (cut) There are hundreds of indications, clues regarding a certain event; and it is that event that some people do not accept and want to conceal. (cut)

Reporter question [muffled by the wind on the micro/sea-gulls and sea waves in the background; sounds like] - How were you able to get through those times? [see comment 10 for alternative translation]

GA - With lots of support, with lots of support from friends, of my family... [visibly emotional]... and with lots of tenderness and love within my family... It's not easy, I guarantee you that.. I don't wish anyone to go through what I, in particular my family have gone through. And I have many doubts that that couple is as Christian or as Catholic as they say they are... (cut)

RFR - Just a small foot note Hernâni. Independently of whatever our convictions may be regarding the Maddie case, here [pointing to the screen] this is a case of Freedom...

HC - It's much more than...

RFR - It's a case of Freedom of Expression, and one understands the emotion of Gonçalo Amaral with this decision.

FM - A man visibly downhearted...

RFR - Absolutely.

HC - I don't accept this situation; the state is responsible for this, the Portuguese state. This emotion carries, very likely, thirty years of an exemplar career. I do not have any knowledge of Inspector Gonçalo Amaral ever being punished on the service of the country, as some heralds of the nation say: “at the service of the motherland”. This one? With all the flaws that you want him to have, but he was “at the service of the motherland”, and various times in places where no one else wanted to be.

PS - Exactly.

HC - Therefore, even if one is not a close friend of Inspector Gonçalo Amaral it is a matter of Justice to be here and state, it is a matter of Justice to be here and to say that the Inspector Gonçalo Amaral, and in his case I would be, is waiting for an apology of any one [energúmeno - indivíduo desprezível, que não merece confiança; boçal, ignorante - impossible lit.translation] dimwit that has allowed for this to happen. Somewhere in the state...

PPC - There were many.

HC - ... there is a dimwit who has allowed this to happen, because he merely published a book about his job. And the book did not contain any secrets, it contained what is included in the process. If a process is archived then it's public. We're sorry [shortened version of an ironic catch-phrase often used by HC] but that is the truth.

FM - It is an exercise of freedom of expression.

HC - It is indifferent for me who is guilty here; I don't want to know about the Maddie case - that is not what we are talking about.

RFR - That is not what is at stake [crux, point, core] here.

HC - What we are talking about, is, that it was possible for someone, from outside of Portugal, to come in here and to “cook” whatever they felt like! And still add salt, pepper, garlics, coriander and whatever else...

PS - Exactly.

FM - And what does that seem to...

HC - This is what we are talking about! And now watch the rest, I have more to show you.

Reporter question How do you feel regarding the McCann couple visits? [see comment 14 for alternative translation]

GA - On the day that took place, when that 'lady' was in Praia da Luz (cut) On the second of October, just a few days ago... In that day it's my anniversary, and it was also the day when I was removed as head of the department [back in 2007] of Portimão where the investigation was taking place. (cut) I made a comment to my wife - “these people don't do anything without a reason, something is about to happen” (cut) I perceived the child's father as a man who is practical, as a man capable of making quick decisions, and I understood Mrs. Kate (cut) Possibly might have some kind of problem in admitting the truth, or acknowledging an event that has taken place. (cut) The fact that their daughter has disappeared, does not give them the right to destroy any other family. (cut) Stop the humbug...don't fabulate, don't pretend; stop invoking God's name to harm others, because God is above and knows what is happening. (cut) What I would say to them, honestly, if they truly wish to be so Christian, so Catholic, then they should really practice good. (cut) I would tell them that there are plenty more fish in the sea, [Port. pop. proverb “Há mais marés que marinheiros”, lit. trans. There are more tides than sailors, meaning. there are more opportunities] as we say here, in Portugal. (cut)

HC - Paulo, good morning, what do you have to say about this?

PPC - Good morning, well I...

HC - You were a PJ inspector, you were his comrade, you know the paths he has travelled...

PPC - I would like to make a question, and this is something personal. I would like to ask those gentleman at the Judiciary Police disciplinary department who have condemned the coordinator Gonçalo Amaral, when he was already retired, for breach of the duty of confidentiality because he wrote this book. What do they have to say about this now? Particularly from the moment when an Appellate court, states, that Mr. Amaral has all the rights to publish that book. They could also have done it to me [ref. to Paulo Pereira Cristovão books “A Estrela de Joana” and “A Estrela de Madeleine” both published previously to Amaral's “Maddie, A Verdade da Mentira] for some strange reason they didn't when I wrote my first book...

HC - He believes that the process, with new information that are bound to appear, might be re-opened, does that make sense?

PPC - It may eventually make sense if we have new elements, new evidence that somehow allow for that reopening, but above all - you've said it before and very well, how did we allow for people to came from abroad and do this “cooking” [pejorative analogy]? But there were also several people inside [in the country] who have contributed with the ingredients [seasoning] for said “cooking”, because otherwise we would never allow for Gonçalo Amaral to be “roasted”, excuse my expression, in “low fire” like he was, without being protected, rigorously, by anyone. Except for a few dozen people who know him personally and who have defended him publicly. But, yes, it is possible to reopen the process with new elements, however above all is, as Gonçalo said and well, his life first, of the Man Gonçalo Amaral, of Sofia [his wife], of the girls [their daughters]...

HC - All of their assets were arrested.

PPC - All of their assets were seized, we are talking about someone who has lost...

HC - Did you feel angered [indignant] during those times?

PPC - Very much, yes. And I was recently with him...

HC - Professor Paulo Sargento, something new is about to take place - Maya [a TV psychic, unrelated to the self alleged psychic lawyer from Madeira] has phoned telling me that something will happen. What I want to ask you is - to you who have followed this case with deep commitment [wholeheartedly] - how come no one has ever filled any complaint in England regarding this case?

PS - Well, that is an unusual phenomenon... The first thing that I would like to do is to send an embrace to Gonçalo Amaral, and to tell him that finally there is a first sign of a turn around [improvement] of this whole process. Because this acknowledgement by the Portuguese law regarding this process is like a big rubber eraser who is trying to expunge a huge blemish that has behind it a series of problems. Of which, the first one - and Paulo was just now speaking about the reopening of the case - is to understand of what exactly is the prosecutor of Évora waiting for, let's put in this way, to publish the new endeavours that were proposed, some of which were put forward because they were never fully carried out within the scope of the investigation. And there are at least two points, which under the criminal point of view, are absolutely relevant and need to be evaluated. Second issue, it is something that I would also like to understand and still in the framework of this specific process; three points, one of which is the Minister of Justice that has in his office four emails and a registered letter where it is asked, Mr. Justice Minister [facing the broadcast camera], where it is asked...

HC - Paulo Sargento, you're not going to speak badly of ministers in here, are you? [jokingly manner] Don't get me in to trouble, okay?

PS - No, no.

RFR - But do ask him directly, Dr. Paulo.

PS - I will, it is the same question I've sent to the Minister of Internal Affairs, who had the carefulness to reply, and pass it on to the Justice Minister. Why didn't he answered to this fundamental question - Why did the McCann couple entered two consecutive times, during this same process [the injunction that took place at Palácio de Justiça, Lisbon], by the Judges door [a door reserved to magistrates only]?

HC - Now there's a great question. And now I would suggest that we watch the inspector...

RFR - Yes, let's conclude the programme with the words of the inspector...

RFR/HC - [simultaneously] Gonçalo Amaral.

RFR - Exactly.

[follows a repetition of Inspector Gonçalo Amaral first segment, inclusively during the final rolling credits]

GA - It's is a joyful day, a day that I see as important. (cut) We cannot defend a democratic system if we allow Freedom of Expression to be curtailed, as it was in my case. (cut) I know about my daughters' reaction, who have been through a lot; and when they learned about the decision - they were the first to know - they cried, they cried of happiness. (cut) For the past 13 months while I was obliged to be silent regarding this issue, while I was denigrated, while my whole family saw our assets being arrested, the intrusion of my and my family's private life, which has practically taken us close to poverty...(cut) Until that disappearance, until I left the police I was an active element in the Judiciary Police. (cut) Then my life changed radically, I went from a stable, comfortable situation to one far more precarious, jeopardizing even my family subsistence. (cut) I still hold the wish - and I have the certainty that the investigation will be reopened soon. (cut) Nowadays I have no doubts left, the archival for various reasons, was mainly due to political pressures made by the English - I have no doubts about that. (cut) The investigation will be concluded, it will be re-opened and it will be taken to an end; and justice will be made, that is all that we want. (cut) There are hundreds of indications, clues regarding a certain event; and it is that event that some people do not accept and want to conceal. (cut)

Reporter question [muffled by the wind on the micro/sea-gulls and sea waves in the background; sounds like] - How were you able to get through those times?

GA - With lots of support, with lots of support from friends, of my family... [visibly emotional]... and with lots of tenderness and love within my family... It's not easy, I guarantee you that.. I don't wish anyone to go through what I, in particular my family have gone through. And I have many doubts that that couple is as Christian or as Catholic as they say they are... (cut)

Ends 11'31''

56 comments:

  1. Goncalo deserves an apology for the shabby way in which he has been treated and this case urgently needs to be re-opened, this situation should not be allowed to continue it has gone on far too long the mccanns should be brought to justice. Thank you Joana et al for all your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely anonym. @1, the McFarce has gone on for too long!

    ps.going to have something to dinner and continue the transcript/translation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for posting this interview. :n

    ReplyDelete
  4. :m Dear Joana,

    "This is a message from P.J. Tipps. It is not my habitus to indulge in "feelings". The nature of my "metier" forbids but on this occasion I must open an exception. I cannot tell you how moved I...............................!

    Oh! my God! P.J. Tipps broke down crying on the Dictaphone. I guess seeing his ex-colleague Dr. Amaral surfing that wave of emotion proved too much for him. It was not a heart attack, definitely. May be it was just him blowing his nose.

    Well Joana, I suppose he just wanted to thank you for making this fascinating material available to a global audience. I myself cannot wait to have a second look at it at home...

    The problem is P.J. has locked himself in the toilet for the past half an hour or so and no one has been able to have "a word in edgeways". I have had to do "it" in the large Bonsai tree vase on his desk - that should teach him a lesson...

    Sorry! The locksmith is here...

    Mrs. Ruth
    :k P.J. Tipps Honorary Secretary

    ReplyDelete
  5. The collage above,

    Some have a lot of blood on their hands.

    Some have a little blood on their hands.

    Some are guilty by association.

    But they are all guilty of being involved in some way, in a cover-up, involving the probable death of a child.

    Goncalo Amaral and families worst days are behind them , their great days are coming

    Gordon Browns worst days are yet to come.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Extraordinário Joana! És o máximo! Venha mais uma rodada. Sugiro a tradução do resto. Os McCães vão adorar! :d

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joana

    Thank you for the part/transcript.

    Whatever else you feel about the McCanns - Goncalo Amaral is a man of principles. He is, what do you say, in the UK we say "the one who stood up and was counted" - he stood for freedom of speech - he showed he would not be crushed. He and his family are owed such a lot to have withstood the onslaught from the ferocities of an unprincipled legal battery from strangers of Portugal.

    He is Portugal's Hero.

    I wish we had someone with one-tenth his stature here in the UK.

    So we must be obliged just to honour him from afar.

    Angelique

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree both you Joana and Goncarlo have moved heaven on earth to bring us the true facts. I have admiration for Dr Amaral for his intent to seek a resolution to the case, and also to you Joana and your team. I am english but live in Spain and its been many years sice I read a crappy british newspaper, they are completely gagged by the McCanns. This new German site, are they stupid, Dr Amarals book was published in Germany, and also its 3 years too late...silly people. I fear for their states of mind, this is not rational action. I hope Gerry is not still working at the hospital, h shouldnt be after the judges agreed with Dr Amarals book. Thanks again Joanna.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Devagarinho se vai ao longe - I'm getting there, 6 minutes +/- of video to translate.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Reporter question [muffled by the wind on the micro/sea-gulls and sea waves in the background; sounds like] - How were you able to get through those times?"

    The reporter asks:
    "Como é que se sobrevive a uma coisa destas?"
    "How does one survive/surpass such a thing?"(meaning all that he and his family endured for the last year)

    And that's realy what Dr. Amaral and his family went through, they did not LIVE life in full, they SURVIVED, they STRUGGLED to keep united and strong, with such dignity and integrity the McCanns never had nor will have, not in a million years, no matter the amount of PR their dirty money can buy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks a lot Joana for the translation.

    I suspect Amaral is not the only one who is desperate for this case to be re-opened. Maddie deserves that the case is resolved one way or the other. The other PJ officers whose families have heard the most horrendous abuse thrown at their loved ones would also want a resolution IMO. Then there're the Murats whom I believe would want it written in black and white that they had nothing to do with Maddie's disappearance. It's implied in the PP's final report but nothing beats explicit exoneration. Even Lori Campbell may want the truth about how she let herself be used by certain individuals to come out. What about the locals who searched for Maddie for weeks and whom the McCanns haven't bothered to thank? They may want their work recognised. The list goes on.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bless you, dear Joana! I hope you enjoy your dinner. (Sardines in olive oil, perchance?) :c

    I've been SO waiting for the translation of this video, even though I knew it would be difficult to watch/read and would probably reduce me to tears.

    I don't think it's possible for me to imagine the hell this courageous man has been through in the last three and a half years; the heartache and hardship this evil deception has rained on him and his family. Yet, even now he retains his dignity and integrity. and strives for the truth to be told.

    With great respect to a gentle giant, Dr Gonçalo Amaral :t :t :t

    ReplyDelete
  13. I said at the time, that the McCann couple wouldn't have come to Portugal to attend the proceedings if they had not been assured that they would be victorious. This overturning of the injunction was totally unexpected and it is an indication that the couple's support network is crumbling. With a new British government and Mr. Gamble out of the way perhaps if the Portuguese authorities re-opened the case they would get the full cooperation of the English authorities.

    The next step is to overturn the ruling that he falsified documents in the Cipriano case to protect his officers. The same people who arranged for his book to be banned are most likely the same that are behind that unfounded ruling.

    ReplyDelete
  14. :n Thank you Joana. I am sure your work is much appreciated by English readers without a firm grasp of Portuguese.

    I have attempted to translate some of the second part of the video, namely the continuation of the interview with Gonçalo Amaral. My English is not as good as yours but...

    Do feel free to ammend and correct if you feel you should. I am the first to admit that a literal translation not always works and since this is not a juridic translation who cares? Anyway, here it is:


    FURTHER TRANSLATION


    REPORTER: How do you feel about these local visits by the McCanns'? (referring to Kate McCann recent visit to Praia da Luz)

    G.AMARAL: The day it took place...the day she (Kate) was in PDL...on the 2nd of October...a few days ago...happened to be my birthday...it also (marked) the day I was removed (from my role) as chief co-ordinator of the on-going investigation (into Madeleine disappearance) which was being conducted from the PJ headquarters in Portimao... (that day. the day Kate was here)I told my wife: "These people (McCanns') leave nothing to chance. Something is about to happen... (cut)

    "I remember the father (Gerry McCann) as a practical man, a man capable of quick decisions...the wife...Kate...it seemed to be a problem there...ommissions of facts...(refusal) to admit certain facts...facts that happened......(now) the fact that their daughter disappeared does not give them the right (to try and) destroy a family... (GA is obviously referring to his own family)... stop this bulshit! (verbatim), stop inventing... simulating... invoking the name of God...to injure others... because God is omnipresent and knows what's going on. What I would say to you (McCanns') is: if you want to be genuine, real Christians...catholics, (as you say you are) then practice was is Good for... as we say in Portugal... "there are more tides, than sailors".

    Ends.

    I found other contributions towards the end, which are not in the excerpt you give here - namely the comments of Goncalo Amaral's friend and colleague Paulo Cristóvão as well as Prof. Paulo Sargento (forensic psychologist and academic) of great interest. These , given interest from your readers, deserve a translation too. Take heart! :i

    I guess that's about it. Good night to you and all your readers. God bless!

    Jorge Ferreira

    ReplyDelete
  15. obrigada @10, bom ouvido ;) E muito obrigada caro Jorge Ferreira, agradeço-lhe a ajuda, lá chegarei a essa parte, um beijinho e muito boa noite para si também

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes Guerra but remember they did not turn up for decision day just in case. As it happened it went their way. The inside information if any must have come from Madame Duarte. Theirs is a psychological game essentially. All PR, bluff and image propping. The same will happen next time. They come to impress then they go. In fact I am not sure they will come next time . Probably they will drop the case on the grounds "the Portuguese justice system is prejudiced against the McCanns. First they accuse them of accidentally killing their own child and now refuse to punish their own police investigators who reached such unofficial conclusions". (Clarence Mitchell?)

    Suki

    ReplyDelete
  17. These occurrences around Mr. Amaral’s birthday are no coincidences; they are done with malice, to convey to him that they are in control and to show the hatred that they have for the man.

    This case shows how perverse the world has become. A couple who is responsible for their child’s death is praised and the person who worked diligently to bring justice to the child is looked upon with scorn. The McCanns and their team are the dregs of society.

    "Suki", read what Mr. Amaral said, he is convinced that the English government pressured the investigation to be archived, it wasn’t the PR that did it. This has been evident to me for a long time, but I’ve been told that I’m imagining things. If the political figures who shielded this couple are no longer in power, then no amount of PR will save them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Madeleine has been dead since May 2007 and her parents have never ever done anything but trying to save their own skins. And to focus their hate for those that dare not to believe them onto one person, Goncalo Amaral. It is not us who hate, we only see the mountains of discrepancies, lies and indications and would like to climb them to see the truth on the horizon. It is not hate if you are fighting for the truth in a just process. But it is hate to try and destroy the family of a man who has done nothing but his job, and done it well. To get him removed on his birthday and to come to Portugal on his birthday is another indication of this malicious hatred that seems to eat them up. They have learned they can't do anything against the thousands of doubters on the internet, failed with writs against the most prominent bloggers, so then they turned onto the symbol of hope of those that see through their mask.

    ReplyDelete
  19. All I want for Christmas is for justice, the right to free speech and facts never to be concealed or tampered with and for the McCanns and all their cronies to be jailed.

    No, it won't bring Madeleine back but it will maybe prevent some other circus from happening again.

    Quote from the above article..."There are hundreds of indications, clues regarding a certain event; and it is that event that some people do not accept and want to conceal."

    Good on you Mr Amaral. The McCanns will be chewing their nails to the quick by now.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sincere thanks to Joana and her team for bringing us the real news. News the UK never gets to see because of mediocre icons like Wayne Ronney and X-FACTOR contestants taking centre spread in the red tops.

    I have said this from the very beginning and I have no doubts that this case is coming to a close very soon. I did say it may take three or four years but some kind of bridge will have to be built or burned and this is that bridge.

    Be under no illusions; the McCanns are as thick as drunken thieves. It is a Great Britain myth that they are clever. They are not. Mr Amaral is the clever one and in the end when we talk about facts, science and evidence; the only ones capable of working along those lines are the clever.

    McCanns, your time is coming to a close. You can no longer be protected.

    ReplyDelete
  21. if ever a man has been unjustly accused it is Mr Amaral,and when this case gets re-opened which looks like it will, i hope the mccanns and tapas shite are dragged through the mire like never they have before.JUSTICE FOR MADELEINE AND MR AMARAL

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for the transcript,Joana

    @Guerra 17

    Thats right,Guerra.The occurrence around GA"s birthday are simply nasty.Very very nasty.On purpose,meant to hurt.
    In this particular case,it is not the world who is perverse:its the mccanns.
    But what can we expect anything else from that pair of psychopaths?
    The ony problem is that they havent yet finished to be nasty but at least Gonçalo has won the first round if there is anything to be won in THEIR nasty game.

    I just want to know if there is a possibility that the case is re-opened before the "defamation" complaint the schmucks have filed?
    because in that way they could go to hell directly where they belong and stop harrassing this man and his family.

    Rhe mccscums can be as nasty as they want it looks like: their never ending story finally will have an end...the end WE all wish: justice for Madeleine

    ReplyDelete
  23. "Things" tend to happen on Mr. Amaral's birthday, in 2007 he was taken off the case and informed about it preciselly on his birthday (PJ's boss Alípio Ribeiro and Gordon Brown's sick idea of a birthday gift). Then, last year it was that lunatic Aragão Correia who caused disturbance outside the restaurant where Mr. Amaral, family and friends were celebrating. This year, a surprise "visit" from Lady Kate of Rothley Towers...let's hope that next year, the birthday "thing" will be the reopening of the case and the McCanns and Co. taken before a portuguese court of law!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sera bom que a Justica portuguesa nao deixe este escandalo, esta vergonha em 'banho-maria' como infelizmente e habito acontecer nos casos mais polemicos e sensiveis. Houve um erro judicial (a proibicao do livro) que se baseou num outro erro judicial (o arquivamento precoce de um crime nao investigado). Nos dois casos, tudo indica, os erros foram intencionais, programados e servidos ao pais com requintes de malvadez. Brown e Gamble estao fora. Socrates e o PGR vao a caminho. Espero que os escritorios de advogados milimetricamente escolhidos por pertencerem ao PSD tambem recebam alertas vermelhos da nova Direccao para se afastarem do caso que mais envergonhou a democracia portuguesa e mais queimou a imagem do pais no exterior.
    Depois de tudo, que cada portugues se insurja publicamente contra a manipulacao que povoa o caso Maddie desde a raiz. Goncalo Amaral foi o mais afectado, mas todos os portugueses indirectamente sofreram os efeitos de uma postura xenofoba que os fez cidados de um pais sem direitos e sem regras.
    Estao reunidos os ingredientes para um excelente programa de Pros e Contras na RTP. Onde anda a jornalista Fatima Campos Ferreira? O pais esta a espera de saber o que tem juizes, Investigadores da judiciaria, membros do Ministerio publico, advogados e o polemico Bastonario, a DIZER AGORA? Deixem de fingir que nao se passa nada, Vistam o capote da coragem e tragam a TV publica e as audiencias internacionais, a verdade do Caso Maddie. E para isso que servem os nossos impostos.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yes,WHO is going to take responsability for GA AND Madeleine"s case?
    Are the english finally to have the balls to ask for an inquest? what about Hoggs?WHERE is that c****?WHY doesnt she come forward to DEFEND Madeleine?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Guerra, #17, wrote:

    "If the political figures who shielded this couple are no longer in power, then no amount of PR will save them."

    I still have some doubts if a change in political powers/people will do much difference, in Portugal at least. In one recent interview, I'm not sure if it was to SIC "Registo Criminal", or to TVI "Você na TV", Dr. Amaral mentioned that one of the many disrespects to his constitutionaly given rights, was the fact that he was prevented from running in the election for Mayor of Olhão as a candidate for the PSD, by the then head of the party Manuela Ferreira Leite. He said that this happened after a "flash" visit from Gerry McCann to Lisbon, where he and his lawyer Rogério Alves had a meeting with a PSD leading figure, described by Dr.Paulo Sargento in a tv show as "someone with a french-sounding surname".
    (weird...why does the name Arnaut keep popping into my mind? shoo,shoo, go away!.
    Despite the fact that his candidacy was fully backed up by the PSD Algarve leadership, Ferreira Leite still chose to ignore it and prevented him from running for office. Coincidence...? No, I do not believe in coincidences, and nor does Mr. Amaral!

    And, considering that in Portugal the political power alternates between PS and PSD, I do not put my hopes high for any dramatic changes. Oh, and let's not forget, if what is at the "root" of this sad case is what many of us suspect that is (child abuse/paedophilia), with involvement of high-level figures, then, the chances of justice being made is not much, because that abominable practice is transversal to society and political powers, and those involved will do everything in their power to keep it under "wraps" and make sure they won't be touched.
    It's revolting, but it's the sad reality, that's my felling.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you for this wonderful translation Joana, it must take an enormous amount of time and painstaking effort to achieve such meticulous results.

    Reading the interview, I feel hopeful that this case may indeed see the inside of a courtroom. My thanks go to all those people who really care about Maddie and who have stayed the course. Most especially my deep gratitude goes to the righteous Dr Goncalo Amaral, whose self-sacrifice and bravery knows no bounds.

    Mr and Mrs McCann need to be hauled into a court of law immediately, and asked some serious questions about the major discrepancies in their bizarre and ever changing version of events. They must be painfully aware by now that all the money in the world cannot buy respect or exoneration from such a dreadful crime.

    ReplyDelete
  28. http://order-order.com/2010/10/29/where%e2%80%99s-gordons%e2%84%a2-courage/

    Gordon Brown isn't doing much of anything these days - especially not attending Parliament - but being paid to attend obviously

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thank you Joana and all who assist you. So grateful for the updates and thankful that the news is uplifting and promising us that matters are now becoming serious for our 'agent' of confusion viz. gerry mccann. Who would even think of asking for his professional opinion when these, his filters, can produce the lies that lead to the destruction of a man and his family, what example does this 'celebrity' set for one and all. He and his wife and Tapas friends will walk over bodies and will soon have to face the music in court and if they do not turn up, sentence them in their absence and when they have the audacity to turn up at the airport in Portugal or any other country arrest them. They should not be welcome anywhere. If it has to be we should see the Tapas 9 in The Hague, if they do not turn up arrest them. There should be no place to hide for these people. Where is the EU in all this? They should get involved too. We want to hear from them as well. We cannot rely on Britian they, unfortunately, have shown such bad discretion it is to cry for. Show them up, let us have that day in court for all to see what they look like. We have the show of pictures at the top of this page and I hope it will appear in the media over and over again.They are perpetrators, not celebrities.
    Beatiful Portugal, a blue sky, the sun shining, calm, peaceful setting in the background and Dr Amaral can talk freely!! At last the colours are brighter and Portugal is again a free country.
    As for our two avid travellers, while they are still allowed into countries, going to Bunte in Germany for help is just displaying their last jerks, twists and death throes

    ReplyDelete
  30. :m A penny for your thoughts...

    Whether the "defamation" case still goes to court is somewhat a mute point. The McCanns' arguments are exactly te same as in the appeal statement that exposes them as fallacies. Their chances of winning the case against Amaral are nilch. Very much as in the case of Tanner versus Murat...

    Notwithstanding, they will probably be advised by Madame so-and-so to go ahead. This ensures the lawyer's bank account is topped-up and McCann team has the right of appeal (to an EU court) which they assume (at their own peril) will be more lenient.

    The McCanns' priority (in case no one has noticed) is NOT to find Madeleine but to promote what they regard as "the official version of events".

    This case is based on the prejudiced assumption that the Portuguese are stupid and incompetent and know not what they are doing but, if my acquaintance with Portuguese investigators (notably "Big Rock") and knowledge of all things juridical helps... what will probably happen is the EU courts will upheld the ruling of the three senior judges. Xeque-mate.

    There is anoher thing... I gather some of you may not have noticed what Prof. Paulo Sargento, P.J. Tipps consultant in Lisbon, was saying during the video (above)...

    ...that the appeal judges have made recommendations...for what? For certain dilligences to be carried out. Now, what does that mean? Does it mean for the case to be re-opened?

    Could the judges have recommended the issue of warrants to force the McCanns & Cia. to attend a reconstruction? Could this be the re-opening (if not the trial) Amaral seems to allude to during the interview above...

    Conrad Black
    :k P.J. Tipps Media Director and PR

    PS This comment is being made privately. P.J. Tipps is not party to "opinions". As you all know, he has no opinions. Just facts, deductions and, to the dismay of some, the occasional induction allowing for the possibility that the conclusion is false even where all of the premises are true. P.J. is what some of you would call a "nut case".

    ReplyDelete
  31. Goncarlo Amaral can always walk with his head held high,an honourable man ,unlike the disgusting McCanns who have consistently blamed the rest of the world for Madeleine's disappearance,when in reality it is they who are responsible,i do hope Portugal re-opens this case,so justice for Madeleine and Goncarlo can be seen to be done.

    ReplyDelete
  32. In my opinion, the Joana and other related hassles inspector Amaral was subjected to, was one way for the Portuguese authorities to cover up for the blunder, to justify removing him from Madeleine's case...no guilt... plus a few legal arguments just in case of compensation claims... but...... everyone knows the removal was "cooked" through McCann-induced political interference...the usual story.

    Aldegice

    ReplyDelete
  33. Well, I'm filled with joy knowing that Portuguese citizens are making enquiries to government departments regarding the McCanns' ability to ride roughshod not only over Portuguese citizens like Amaral but over the Portuguese authorities. This case NEEDS to be reopened! The circus has sicked me long enough. I dread to think how people personally targeted by the couple feel.

    ReplyDelete
  34. May each and everyone above in the collage (and those still to be added) live in interesting times!

    Thank you Joana for translating this and thank you to all who translate and bring us the real news regarding this shambolic immoral charade.

    ReplyDelete
  35. :e Concerning the appeal to the Supreme Court I don't think Isabel Duarte (their lawyer) was that upbeat :o

    But...I suspect she will go for it. It will be good for her bank account and The Madeleine Fund (OK the Masons then) can well afford that.

    The problem is, the more waves the McCanns' create to improve their image the more s*it hits the fan. The case has been stinking from August 2007 - ever since "the curious incident of the dog in the night time" and it has now reached a point we might have to bring in the health authorities.

    The smell is so foul it has become a health hazard (mental health hazard that is). Are two individuals attempting to make fools of a planetary audience?

    I mean, if there are laws for advertising and marketing concerning false claims for a product, then surely this is one of them! This is a case for the OFCOM.

    Those T-shirts and bracelets should be immediately removed from sale. The product makes a potential false claim as the ruling of The Three Judges makes clear.

    :e Bubble-Gum

    ReplyDelete
  36. Although the UK government has changed and certain senior policemen have had their empires removed I dont see any change in Portugal. Whilst Socrates still has the PJ in a stranglehold things cannot move forwarded save for the bravery of the Appeal Court Judges-imo

    ReplyDelete
  37. This broadcast sounds the beginning of the agenda changing. Integrity - that clear light - is entering again, thanks to the brave stance of Goncalo Amaral, his wife and daughters. They have much to teach us.
    Also, I really congratulate the bloggers who have braved the threats of Carter-Ruck.

    It shows how strange Kate McCan's visit was.Now, have I got this right? Isn't the daughter of the Rev. Hubbard the same little girl who was used to play the part of Maddie in the film they made?
    How could any mother go and stay in the home where a girl the image of her own dead/disappeared girl is living?

    ReplyDelete
  38. Does anyone know if Goncarlo Amaral's book will be published in the uk in the near future?.

    ReplyDelete
  39. No 17 said - "Suki", read what Mr. Amaral said, he is convinced that the English government pressured the investigation to be archived, it wasn’t the PR that did it. This has been evident to me for a long time, but I’ve been told that I’m imagining things.

    ------------------------

    I may be completely wrong but I have always thought that Gordon Brown signed the Lisbon Treaty (in December 2007) in Portugal on the proviso that the McCanns were released from their "arguido" status and the case was archived and I haven't seen anything to the contrary to change my mind since.

    There is something very sinister going on with this charade that has to be covered up at all costs even to the point that Amaral's life was shattered so that he didn't find out what it is. He was getting too near the truth and people were becoming very scared.

    ReplyDelete
  40. HC - What we are talking about, is, that it was possible for someone, from outside of Portugal, to come in here and to “cook” whatever they felt like! And still add salt, pepper, garlics, coriander and whatever else...


    Joana,

    Is HC saying:

    How was it possible for someone (McC's and uk legal's via a Portuguese legal imo used as a puppet on a string) to go into to Portugal and decide what was happening and take whatever and do whatever they want?

    Joana,

    My opinion from *reading and viewing the press/media is, that Portugal was the starting ground then the rest of Europe to follow if need be and in the process making loads of money along the way. If that was the wider agenda then the three Portuguese judges have put the kybosh on that, bravo! Hmm is Germany the next place to try?


    *Gerry McCann: IBA Conference, Madrid

    http://www.mccannfiles.com/id310.html

    ReplyDelete
  41. Guys, I know you don't have cedilla on your PC's and such, but would it be okay to just copy and paste the man's name - it's not Goncarlo, or any other variant. Can you imagine if we started writing Jerry, or Cate? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  42. Letter from Iberia
    Thank you Joana for the translation

    At last Justice returns to Portugal
    Three learned and brave Judges overturn the ban and restore freedom.

    However there are no winners in the whole of this sorry affair
    Madeleine an innocent child is dead
    Her parents who by their actions of leaving her unprotected are responsible and unrepentant
    The detective Goncarlo Amaral who pursued the truth was hounded from his job by political pressure
    The McCann’s amassed a huge amount of money by capitalising on the death of their daughter and in doing so attempted to destroy an honourable Portuguese man.
    The relationship between the world’s oldest allies has been almost destroyed
    The majority of normal Portuguese and British people have a sense of disgust and shame over what has happened.

    However out of this mess heroes emerge, Goncarlo Amaral and you Joana, both of you took on the system regardless of the threats from the McCann’s and their Lawyers Carter-Ruck and by your efforts you have been succesfull. Thank you both.

    Justice has returned to Portugal and all of us should celebrate and be assured that soon now justice will be dispenced for Madeleine, for then and only them will she rest at peace,

    ReplyDelete
  43. It's a great victory for GA and for all those who believe in freedom of expression and justice. I hope heartfully that this will be not only a stage win but the beginning of a final victory. Nevertheless I am afraid that this case is a similar case than the Doutreaux case in Belgium, where high politicians and even the royal house were involved. But the good thing is, the Belgium demonstrated so that the politicians were pressed to clear the case, so that some persons were arrested at least. Yesterday I saw a crime thriller which made me think that also in the Maddie case the intelligence service has been involved. In this thriller a suspect was protected by the intelligence services because the Terrorist Act was above the other laws. This could also be the case here because the Home Office told of National Security several times. IMO this is only a make-believe for the politicians for their cover-up-play. A German Fan

    ReplyDelete
  44. Well done Portugal, for giving its people back their freedom of expression. Here in Britain there is still no sign of that day ever coming, as any negative view expressed about these disgusting people is promptly deleted. The tragedy is, because it is censored so effectively, half the people in this country are not even aware it's going on.
    I look forward to Goncalo Amaral's case opening a huge can of worms here in the UK. I'd like to see the net spread very wide indeed - not just an investigation into what Kate and Gerry McCann did or did not do, but also into what all the other sleazy hangers on who have defended and bankrolled these unrepentant parents from hell. I hope they all have their day in court.

    ReplyDelete
  45. @Anon 43

    PLEASE, read again Joana"s post nº 41

    It is NOT "GONCARLO" ffs! It is GonÇalo .Like Joana is saying, most english keyboard do not have "ç",so in that case paste and copy or even simply type GA.
    We all know who is GA.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  46. @Anon 45
    Thank you teacher we Brits are all so stupid

    ReplyDelete
  47. anonymous 26, I haven't forgotten that incident, where Mr. Amaral was prevented from running for Mayor. When that occurred, I thought to myself as you did, it won't make a difference who is in power, PS or PSD. Let's just hope that in England and in Portugal there are new political faces with some integrity that will fight for transparency and justice.

    If there are elections in Portugal, I hope that something similar to what happened in England happens in Portugal, i.e. two parties join together to form a majority. Perhaps then it will be more difficult to engage in corrupt acts.

    ReplyDelete
  48. 44 to you and the others who are telling the truth about British justice you had better be careful l o l

    ReplyDelete
  49. The McCanns will try and discredit anybody who dares to stand against them and their spin that Madeleine was abducted, and of course their money grab of millions given them during the so called 'search' for a living Madeleine who is really dead.

    They are so desparate to stop the truth they have even tried to discredit a fabulous dog, and have attempted to say that forensic evidence has been planted against them by the UK and Portuguese investigators who don't buy their abduction fairy story.

    The only thing I agree the McCanns about is that Madeleine didn't die by accident in the holiday apartment.

    That is because Madeleine most likely died as a result of something much more sinister happening to her. Otherwise, why the need to hide her body.

    This case needs to be reopened as a potential murder investigation and stop any further abduction spin by the McCanns.

    Surely the Gaspar statements should be enough for that already.

    ReplyDelete
  50. To Anon 36

    Yours is a fair point. I happened to suggest that the other day (in a different context/terms) and was immediately "mauled" by commentators like Guerra and other hyper-optimists who were asking me "what do you mean by their (McCanns') profile?" or words to that effect?

    :p Sweaty Dago

    ReplyDelete
  51. @anon 43 Or, if you have the supplementary numbers keypad on the right of your keyboard. hold down the Alt key while you type 135. Easy-peasy :a

    I know this is a different blog post but I was pleasantly surprised to see that QE2 has impeccable taste in factual reading material......even if her hats do suck.

    ReplyDelete
  52. JillyCL 53
    Quite so.
    I am not sure why Anon 46 resorted to profane language, when the cedilla in my post 43 came out perfectly.
    I think that all keyboards have the ability to reproduce pretty nearly all accents. It is just a question of having the patience to find oπt höw tø dô í†.

    ReplyDelete
  53. All the people in the photo are the wider agenda,get as many people(celebs,minor celebs,hasbeens and nobody's)to believe the mccanns with the tale of woe,and bingo,no one will come out and say they were wrong to believe the mccanns mantra of abduction with out looking bloody ridiculous.thats why they are free to say and do what they like,cause there,s not one brave enough out of that motley crew with balls and stand up to them and help Madeleine

    ReplyDelete
  54. PeterMac, it's not the cedilla that is the problem, it's the R you put in GA's name.

    ReplyDelete