Gerry McCann Blog Updated
From Day 528: 12/10/2008
Day 528: First of all I want to apologise for not updating this blog for so long. I would like to assure everyone that this gap is not because there is little going on in the search for Madeleine. On the contrary, Kate and I have been incredibly busy over the last couple of months since the PJ files were made public. We and our family have always vowed to leave no stone unturned in the search for our daughter and knowing exactly what has been done and, more importantly, what has not been done is vital in planning our future strategy.
Getting the files translated accurately is a time consuming and expensive process but essential to our search. There is a huge amount of information contained within the files which we have not been party to until now and this needs to be assessed carefully. This is even more important as the Portuguese investigation is officially closed.
In some ways, although this task is monumental, it has been good for us doing being something active and positive which we believe may help find Madeleine. We are also using this period to get advice to maximise our effectiveness and efficiency in our overall strategy going forward. Keeping Madeleine’s image in the public eye will continue to be important and the distribution of posters is central to that aim.
Many people have also asked us what is happening with the Amber alert after the successful adoption of the written declaration by the European Parliament. It has been relatively quiet due to the summer recess but hopefully the momentum gained, added to the desire of the European Commission to for an Amber Alert system, will affect change in the near future.
Finally we would like to thank everyone for their continued, support, prayers and letters. I promise to do another update in the near future. We will be looking at how the website functions, as the main portal of the find Madeleine campaign, and perhaps future updates will be via another route rather than my blog. Why don’t you let us know what you think by e-mail messages of support?
*Via Pamalam's Gerry McCann's Blog Archives: Gerald McCann's blog was updated at approximately 23.45H GMT last night, Sunday.
Considerations by Our Guest Analyst JJP
From this blog entry I gather:
1. The parents have paid for an expensive translation of the DVD, the cost no doubt having been borne by the people who donated to the fund. This is variously seen (within the same sentence) as them doing something active or it being something active.
2. They have sought advice to maximise their effectiveness and efficiency in their overall strategy going forward. (This advice seems to have suggested that the distribution of posters might be undertaken.)
3. There has been a summer recess so the Amber Alert has been on a back burner - no action there then - not that it assists in the search for Madeleine anyway.
4. It would seem there has been some consideration also of the website and how it functions. The result of this is that Gerry's next update may come from some other source.
So in the last few weeks:
- publicity such as posters - none
- assisting the police in the UK or Portugal - none
- personal appeals/interviews - none
- attempts to put out a clear and logical timeline of the night of the disappearance - none
- demands to the Portuguese Authorities that the case be re-opened - none