Leaving no Holiday Destination in Peace
Ways You Can HelpMany people have been deeply moved by Madeleine's abduction and subsequent separation from her family and have asked us how they can help us in our search to find her.
Below is a list of suggestions which you may wish to consider in order to help assist our efforts to find Madeleine and bring her home.
We really appreciate your help with this difficult task.
1. Donate to Madeleine's Fund ‘Leaving No Stone Unturned': This can be done via several routes including via the website.
2. Fundraising: This is a good way of getting people together, maintaining awareness of Madeleine's situation as well as raising money for Madeleine's Fund. For further information, please see ‘Fundraising' section under ‘Support' tab.
3. Wear a Madeleine wristband or T-shirt: Again this will increase awareness and contribute towards Madeleine's Fund, as well as being a show of solidarity.
4. Download the new age-progression poster of Madeleine from the website and display it in prominent places within the UK and abroad. The posters are available in many different languages and we would be really grateful if you would take them with you when going on your holidays. 1 in 6 children are found after their face being recognised from a poster. It really helps!!!
5. Car stickers, Luggage tags and Prayer cards: If you are going on holiday, in addition to the new posters you could take one of our Madeleine car stickers to display in your (hire) car. If you would like some car stickers or some Madeleine luggage tags, please contact our campaign email address and leave your details- email@example.com
If you are going on a pilgrimage this year, we would be grateful if you would take some Madeleine prayer cards with you for distribution. These are available in English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian and German. Again, please send us your details via the campaign email address- firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Ideas / Offers of Assistance: If you have any ideas or specialist skills (printing, fundraising, IT skills, haulage firms etc) and are willing to help us in our search for Madeleine (campaign or investigation), please email your details to email@example.com.
7. Carry a Madeleine ‘business card' in your wallet or purse at all times (available June 2009). This will allow you to have instant access to a photograph of her and the investigation contact number, should you see a little girl who looks like Madeleine or anything else which you consider suspicious and related to her disappearance. Alternatively, transfer a photograph of Madeleine to your mobile phone and save the investigation helpline number in your contacts.
8. Social networking sites: If you are a member of ‘facebook', ‘myspace' or other social networking sites, maybe you could add a Madeleine banner to your site and make the ‘find madeleine' site your top ‘friend' or put it on your home page.
9. Encourage others to help:
· Contact your friends and family especially those living in other parts of Europe and beyond and ask them if they're willing to help us in our search too.
· If you have any business contacts at home or overseas ask if they'll carry the Madeleine poster on their website and/or a link to the official website.
· If there is a tourist information office near to where you live, maybe you could ask if they would display a Madeleine poster in their office or make posters available for foreign tourists to take back home with them
· If you are a university student or have contact with a university, we would be grateful if you could ask any students who are travelling abroad to take posters with them to distribute on their travels.
· Talk to 5 people today about Madeleine and remind them she is still missing!
10. Join Support Groups: The ‘Helping to Find Madeleine' group was set up independently shortly after Madeleine's abduction, by caring people wanting to help with the search for Madeleine. The organisation has helped support our campaign over the past 2 years. Please visit www.helpingtofindmadeleine.org
We are so grateful to everyone who has helped us. It is incredibly reassuring that so many people our trying to find Madeleine. Please keep looking and thinking. Madeleine needs our help. Thank you.
We thank you for your interest in fund raising to support Madeleine's fund. Many donations have resulted from a variety of fund raising events. These have included Car Boot sales, jumble sales, school cake sales, race nights, sponsored runs & cycle events, ‘dress down' days, auctions & ‘cheese & wine' nights.
These events have further highlighted Madeleine's plight as well as bringing many people together to have fun whilst working towards one common goal.
We would be grateful if you are considering fund raising that you do not refer to Madeleine's fund as a registered charity as it is not. If you are embarking on a type fund raising which may carry an element of risk you may wish to consider your position regarding insurance cover. If you require further information please refer to:
DONATIONSThe full objects of the Fund are:
- To secure the safe return to her family of Madeleine McCann who was abducted in Praia da Luz, Portugal on Thursday 3rd May 2007;
- To procure that Madeleine’s abduction is thoroughly investigated and that her abductors, as well as those who played or play any part in assisting them, are identified and brought to justice; and
- To provide support, including financial assistance, to Madeleine’s family.
- If the above objects are fulfilled then the objects of the Foundation shall be to pursue such purposes in similar cases arising in the United Kingdom, Portugal or elsewhere.
Donations can be made to the fund through the following channels:
Via Paypal (GBP)
Via Paypal (USD)
POSTAL DONATIONS:These can be made with cheques payable to
‘Madeleine's Fund : Leaving No Stone Unturned‘.
Cheques should be posted to the following address:
Madeleine's Fund: Leaving No Stone Unturned Limited
PO Box 53133
ELECTRONIC BANKING DONATIONS:These can made to the following account:
‘Madeleine's Fund : Leaving No Stone Unturned‘.
PO BOX 113
2A Charing Cross Road
Sort Code: 60 40 05
Account Number: 32130058
DONATIONS FROM ABROAD:
IBAN : GB63 NWBK 6040 0532 1300 58
Sort Code : 60–40–05
Account number : 32130058
IBAN BIC : NWBKGB2LAll donations will be processed free of charge.
The Above Translated from McCannish
Ways you can help
Many people haven’t realised yet that there are unanswered questions concerning Madeleine’s disappearance and have asked how they can help perpetuate our circus.
Below is a list of suggestions which you may wish to consider in order to help us.
We really appreciate your help because we couldn’t be bothered to do anything ourselves.
2. Get others to donate
3. Buy our products
(so far, so good, eh? now for the subversive bit:)
4. Scare people off their holiday destination
5. Vandalise your hire car
6. Work for us for free
7. Harass innocent people everywhere
8. Dump your best friend for us
9. Get everyone you know to cooperate with any of the above
10. Join HTFM and pretend you didn’t know we sponsored them
(insert a bit of blah blah blah here to make all of this look respectable)
The full objects of the Fund are:
. To perpetuate the abduction theory against any sane, reasonable arguments
. To avoid that Madeleine’s disappearance is thoroughly investigated by any legitimate police force in any country whatsoever; and
. To provide support, including financial assistance, to Madeleine’s family.
. As the above subject will never be fulfilled – it’ll be a heck of a long time until Madeleine’s family stops needing financial assistance –, never mind other missing kids.
Whatever you do, always avoid using a spelling/grammar corrector.
And don’t you forget about our best buddy, the PayPal button!
General Update - 19th June 2009
There has been much reported in the media recently about Raymond Hewlett. As far as our investigators are aware, there is no evidence to link him to Madeleine –he is a person of interest to the inquiry rather than a suspect. Following the sensationalised reporting in certain sections of the media with regards to Mr Hewlett, our investigators wished to interview him in order to eliminate him from the inquiry. Despite our investigators requests via Mr Hewlett’s lawyer, their attempts to conduct an interview were unsuccessful as we were simply unwilling to pay. It is very disappointing that certain elements of the media felt it appropriate to pay a convicted paedophile (whether that be directly or indirectly) in order to obtain a ‘story’, whilst those people who are qualified to carry out such enquiries and who are genuinely looking for Madeleine were unable to do so.
On a more positive note, we have recently been planning a summer campaign in the hope that holiday-makers, travel companies and transport agencies will help us again in our search for Madeleine. So far, things are looking promising and we will soon have ‘travel packs’ available via the website for anyone willing to help in this way. We greatly appreciate the continued help and support we are receiving from the general public. It’s incredibly reassuring and uplifting that over two years down the line so many people still want to help. Without doubt, it will increase our chance of finding Madeleine.
On Tuesday evening, we took part in the Rothley & Soar Valley Lions 10K road race here in the village. Twenty of us (family and friends) wore our Madeleine t-shirts and that together with cheers of encouragement from spectators, made it all worthwhile. It was a really enjoyable evening and a fantastically well-supported event. We’re already talking about next years run! Hopefully we wont be needing to wear our t-shirts for that one.